Saturday, June 2, 2007

How I survived Chicago. Part Vijf !

Here it is the blog I have been talking about forever!!! Jeff and I's visit to Shedd Aquarium! Ooh let me find a website for you loverlies.


I love Aquariums. Jeff had asked me what I wanted to do in Chicago and I told him either the Zoo or the Aquarium. Sorry but I wanted to know the leisurely pace of going through one of them without kiddos. And I was watching Food Network one day and Giada De Laurentiis was at Shedd so that is where I got the idea!!

Be prepared I am sharing quite a few pics. You have no idea how many I wanted to share and what I managed to boil it down to. It was hard!!!



You are not allowed to use a flash in Aquariums which makes allot of pics hard to do. Jeff said these would be perfect screen savers ;)










OK here comes the best part of this Aquarium. Beluga Whales!! They have a rather huge tank here at Shedd. Jeff and I spent allot of time here watching them. How could you not!?!? There was a baby!!!


Bella the Baby Beluga Whale!!! And!! As I was getting that link for you guys I saw that another one of the ladies is pregnant so there will be another whale there this coming fall!! Here is a link for the kiddies!
They can keep up with the progress!




Look at the Mommy and her baby!! So sweet!

I like to pretend she was smiling for the camera ;)

OK I want everyone to be honest with me. Does this whales butt look bigger then mine!?! Never mind never mind. Stay in your happy place Kara no need to go down this path again!! Jeff was just teasing you.

Back to pretty pictures!!


This picture of the penguins was actually taken through glass! None to shabby!

OK so Jeff and I both have already seen Dolphin Shows. So we decided to go under and watch it from a different angle. Granted the pictures didn't come out as great but it was really pretty to watch them come back into the water. And really neat to watch themselves gear up to come flying out of the water. They give themselves a pretty decent running head start.

Another picture I took through glass. I am actually on the stairwell coming back up because the show is over.
The trainers were out talking to the kids and she came over and asked if we had any questions. She told us that one of the trainers came up with a good comparison for dolphins and whales. The dolphins were like cats. They came up for attention when they were ready for it. But the Belugas were like dogs that followed them around wanted constant lovin's. I knew I liked the Belugas better :)
The dolphin spit at Jeff :P
Back to my favorite!! The Beluga Whales!!! You can definitely tell the trainers love being with these guys.
Look at her posing for us!!!
See her fin! She is waving at us!!!
Baby Bella came up for a snack. I loved listening to the trainer talk to her. So sweet and very loving.
Komodo Dragon in there!


Jeff getting eaten by a Komodo Dragon!

What a great visit! I wish we had more time. We had to actually get out of there cause I have a plane to catch!!

I thought this would be the last of Chicago but it isn't. I have some great skyline pics to share and some of Jeff and I. I kind of thought this entry had plenty of rockin' pictures for you guys to enjoy!

Yeah more Jeff!!!!

4 comments:

Laurie and company said...

Those were some incredible pix, Kara!! That is definitely a place i will have to take my fam sometime...

Thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I like fishes!!!! What? No mention of the obnoxious chairs in the restaurant?

Anonymous said...

What does Vijf mean?

Denise said...

Ok I love that place and if I ever get to go to Chicago I'm so going there! But seriously what kind of camera do you have? I'm in love!