Tuesday, May 29, 2007

How I survived Chicago! Part Quatre!

OK so I was going to blog about our simple but pretty fab Memorial weekend but all of the pictures are still on the camera and I am feeling lazy. Which means you are stuck with Jeff once again. I apologize in advance. Hi Jeff :P

OK this entry is going to be pretty short anyway cause I was so tired this day. It is Sunday and I have stayed up 3 nights in a row way past my bedtime. TIRED!!! We had no plans to go anywhere today. Jeff was having a cook out here at his place with his friends. I didn't take barely any pictures. I was just honestly so tired.

But I started off my day with some of the most beautiful heart warming words ANY woman can ever hear first thing in the morning!

I love you Mommy!!


nope that wasn't it!!

Good Morning Honey you look stunning in the morning sunlight!

nope that wasn't it!

We won the lottery!!

Close!! But definitely not it!

Hey Kara breakfast is ready!!!

SO melodious! Even pulls at my heart strings typing it out over a week later. And we are talking a real breakfast!!! Not a quick bowl of Cheerios. Jeff had made a Frittata. All nice and warm out of the oven when I came into the kitchen. I was all a flutter!

Well I laid around like a lump for a little bit. Jeff and I finished our movie. I am telling you when a 20 sided dice saves the whole world you can't help but be on the edge of your seat!!! Good stuff!!

Then Jeff and Erin went into action. Forget my camera I wish I had a video camera. These two are a well oiled machine in the kitchen. I have been bragging about Jeff and awful lot but our pretty girl definitely knows her way around!!! A piece of me was extremely jealous. I would love to have that kind of repoir with Jason in the kitchen. Heck anyone would be great!! I think I may have to borrow Erin. I sat on my kitchen stool and didn't move a muscle. Those two had it going on and I wasn't going to be the one who broke their stride. I was there to chop if need be. So Erin had these Morel mushrooms and she was going to batter them up and fry them. What a little improviser she was. She didn't have enough fixings for the original crumbs she was going to roll them in so they had bagel chips that she crushed. They were so good!!!! I may of eaten quite a few. Just because they had to go behind my back and actually hide some in the microwave for a friend of Erin's doesn't mean I might of had more then my fair share!!!

Well out to the grill we go. And of course since Jeff had planned this gathering for a couple of days it had to be the coldest wettest day I was there!



Look at my little Super Trooper. Grillin' like a Villain.

Here is there pretty little patio area. In the rain gives a glowly effect ;)




So Jeff's friends came and we had so much food!!! It was phenomenal. They get the food all laid out and I swear I barely eat. Why? Was it because Jeff and Erin can't cook? Oh no they are great! I was just so full!! Not just for the day my stomach just couldn't take in any more food. Jeff had made this Potato and Cauliflower Curry that Jenny Day used to make and I would randomly show up on her doorstep and steal. But they moved and has never told me their address so I can take a hint. Any who I will not bore you with my wounded feelings. Jeff and Erin had made so much fabulous food and I just could barely eat a bite!

And now here comes the true big disappointment I had to deal with on this trip........no Euchre. My brother promised me a Euchre game ( it's a card game we grew up on ) no one has ever heard of it if you don't come straight out of the Midwest so I am always ready to play whenever I am back in the great state of Illinois. That is OK I have lived with disappointment before I can get through this!!

Another relaxing day in Chicago! I apologize if you are getting bored of my brother. I don't blame you at all. But there is one more day to go and I have to admit it was one of my top 4 favorite. We went to Shedd Aquarium!!! Some fabulous rockin' pictures to share with you so stayed tune for one more blog about Chicago!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't have any comments here, so now you do. Is that Kelly posting comments earlier? The one whose belly is full of smelly jelly.

Laurie and company said...

Ok, Kara...we are waiting for part five...where have you BEEN??

You cannot keep us waiting for the last day of your trip! it's just NOT right!

Ok, I'm done "momming" you now...hope you and yours are all doing well! Love your blog.

Denise said...

I am so in love with their patio. I want a little patio in my backyard. Think I can make that happen here in Utah??? :)