Wednesday, August 22, 2007

2007-2008 School Year

ah the beginning of the school year!!! I know most of us think of new school supplies and new classes with new teachers and possibly a new school brimming with the possibilities of new friends.....do you hear the violin music?

This is what excites me!! For a few nights and yes I mean a FEW nights. They shower without being told. Brush their teeth without being told. Go to bed without being told. And even wake up without being told. The excitement of school motivates them more then me nagging. But it won't last long. I promise you by the end of next week I will have to throw cold water on Josie in the hopes she might possibly roll over in bed. Good lord knows what I will have to do to actually wake her. You see waking up Josie is literally like waking the dead. And yes she does look that scary first thing the morning. Brushes were invented cause of hair like Josie's ;) For those of you who do not know think of a bear in a cave. You poke the bear to wake it ( only cause you HAVE to ) and then you RUN!!! She bites ;) And right now the kid has to be awake at 6 AM! I don't think Josie had ever seen a clock that said 6 AM before. She popped right out of bed these 1st two mornings. And then there is Miss Hannah. She is the kid who thinks of ten more things to say after she is supposed to be in bed!! Just when you think it is over at 11 PM she wanders back in the living room 'oh yeah Mom I need.......'

Why in the world am I starting off my blog with stuff my kids haven't done? yet ;)

Here is a picture of the girls in front of their school the day I registered Josie. I will try to keep this explanation simple but because the school in our area is failing the "No Child Left Behind Act' allows them go to a passing school. They even provide the transportation. So their school is 20 miles away. It is worth it though. But you really really hate the mornings they walk in and say they missed the bus ;) So 'James Island Middle School' is where Hannah and Josie go to school.




Let's see new backpack?
check!


new shoes?
check!!




new glasses?
check!!
Josie is good to go!!!




new backpack?
check!!




one of her many new pair of shoes?
check




new hairdo?
check!!
Hannah is good to go!!





ah look at them. SO happy!!! Oh yeah I will do this again in about 2 weeks and Josie might throw my camera. Not kidding you think bear!!!




Now Cameron just straight up got gypped!! Gypped I tell ya. Same backpack from last year. Same shoes. Shorts from Taylor. Not even a new shirt!! But! I did pick this shirt out with Uncle Jeff and Aunt Erin in mind. Representing Chi-Town on our first day of school baby!!!




He wouldn't look at me in the house. Hah!! Caught ya :P




Cameron did awesome back at school. He knew where he was he was so excited to see his teacher!! He came home so happy!!! He has been struggling really bad these past couple of weeks so it is refreshing to have him motivated again. Today his teacher said he did even better. Only 2 days so far and he ROCKS!! Come on Cameron let's find our words this year :)
And poor Josie. Goes to school so very very excited gets there and she is told they lost her paperwork and she isn't even enrolled. She called me from the office twice. All I had was my copies. So anyway I run all the way out there to be told they found it and she was in class. After mentally kicking everyone who works in the office in the ankle I get back to my van and rock out to my Beatles CD. But by the time I get back to Cameron's school I am late picking him up and he is in the office with his teacher. So much for my first peaceful morning with the kids in school :) Everything this morning was peaceful though. So that means all 3 of my kids were in school. Such an odd place to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like school, school is cool, makes you want to drool, I wish I had a pool, if you misbehave you have to sit on a stool, and you feel like a fool, but I always rule, and I spin like a spool, even though I am a tool.

Sunny J said...

So glad I'm not the only one dealing with the bipolar emotions of the first couple weeks of school. Wait til you read the blog I will be posting later about Josh's school adventure... Lord, deliver me!
Cute pix- keep 'em coming...

Anonymous said...

Awwww I feel your pleasure and pain girly! I am sooo happy Miss Kyra is back in school I could run around the base in my underwear...(wait a minute, I did that last year..umm..lol) Hannahs hair rocks!! It is beautiful. Your girls are sooo precious. And Mr. Mr. looks so content in going to school, like he is going to conquire the world!! I am glad you got over your school bus jitters!!
XOXO--Felisha