Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Cereal Domination!

I just thought this series of pictures was to cute. So of course I had to share!! Here is poor Cameron. Deciding if the mess that comes with eating cereal is worth it's crunchy goodness!!! It's that milk darn it!!!! It moves off the spoon and down his chin. Why oh why does it have to do that!?! Of course as I have mentioned in the past Cameron scrapes food off with his teeth so there is no lip action that can confirm the milk making it into the mouth and not on the chin where it has a bad habit of ending up! And then of course us seasoned cereal eaters know what can happen if you don't have the spoon at the just right angle. Oh yeah. Milk can spill down your hand and arm. That is completely unacceptable to this little man. As I have tried to tell Cameron practice makes perfect. No one has ever picked up a cereal spoon and partaken in a whole bowl of Kix-like goodness without getting some milk on them their first go! But Cameron heard none of that. He likes things to be perfect. So as my words came out he just sat there having a stare down contest with the bowl. I think he came pretty close to winning!!!





See he looked away first!!! OK he is either yawning cause it is the morning and he may of woken up a smidge early or he is offcially bored with this whole cereal drama and would like his cereal bar please!!!



I am just letting everyone know now that yes it has been long enough that this poor bowl of Kix lost it's kick a long time ago. They are probably quite squishy. But we press on!! At this point I realized he hasn't even touched the spoon. Since we already have trust issues with these darn spoons that don't garauntee his cleanliness I realized I had given him a different spoon he had never seen before. Back to the silverware drawer!!!!

"Oh glorious spoon!! I ask thee to grant me a clean and mess free bowl of cereal!!!" (Cameron's prayer to the Cereal god- a long lost Greek god most people have forgotten about. )



maybe maybe.......




Oh the stress that comes with a bowl of cereal. I sense my son is getting ready to crack.




OR!!! He is officially sick of the camera that is being stuck in his face............I choose to ignore that possibility :P




Oh look at him!!! If anything I think this belongs on the next Kix Ad!!!



Ok so Cam doesn't quite talk yet but at the point he said 'Mother if you do not put that camera away you will be wearing this bowl of cereal!' Such anger!!! So I sat the camera at the end of the table and when I saw he was finally going to eat I just pushed the button. He didn't eat much but he did get a couple of nibbles in. I have yet to get him to eat more. Once again another 'duh' moment! We are out of Kix. And we all know how sequence oriented my son is. So today Mommy shall get him more Kix!!!



5 comments:

Denise said...

How cute is he! I think he could have taken the cereal! My money's on Cameron! Way to go buddy! HUGS

Sunny J said...

Milk dribbling down arm... the stuff my nightmares are made of. It's okay, Cameron- a deep, healing breath, then try it again... Are you sure he isn't Troy's kid?

Sunny J said...

PS: I love that, at the top of the page, it says my comment has been 'saved'. When is it getting baptised? (hahaha- no blaspheme, I swear...)

ssmqrcd said...

Kid tested--mother approved! Yah, I'm "old school" I so remember that goofy commercial! He's such a doll, way to go buddy, now hurry Mom the commissary closes soon!
Love ya girl!

Laurie and company said...

Hello??

Anybody there??

Kara, have we lost you? Are you OK??

I miss your blogs, this cereal one is surely cute...and really funny.

Is that a tumbleweed I just saw breeze past? Hmm, yup, I think it was.

Come back to us.