Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fishies and Birdies

For Christmas the girls wanted fishes and birds. Hannah has been obsessed with fish lately and wanted to move up from a bowl to a 20 gallon tank. I have honestly been impressed for the past couple of months. She bought books and magazines to read up on it. She goes to websites to chat with other people who own tanks. She constantly goes to the pet stores and will talk and talk with the people that work there. So OK I couldn't argue with her getting a tank. Cause to be honest I was afraid it was going to be a 20 gallon algae producer. She only has 3 guppies right now. Which she named Fishstick, Captain Barbosa and Will Turner :D

And now on to Josie B's fine feathered friends. Whom by the way I wanted to name Meat Loaf and Pork Chop. I tell you what when kids get older and start having their own opinions they are no where near as much fun ;)

Here up front we have Asa. Which is Japanese for morning.

And in the back we have Mayonaka. Which is Japanese for midnight. I actually did get to help a bit in naming them. Josie wanted to name them Morning and Midnight and knowing her love of Manga I mentioned seeing what the Japanese words were. She loved it and there ya go I still get to help :D

So Cameron likes the birds. They are OK. But he LOVES Hannah's aquarium. So much so he will sit there forever and just watch those 3 little guppies swim back and forth. Who needs popcorn and a movie when you can have popcorn and an aquarium!?! And when we can't find him we go straight to Hannah's room and find him in his green chair looking at 'shish' :D


Of course we move in 6 months and I imagine moving with all these new animals is going to be a piece of cake!

No comments: