Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter!!!!

The last Harry Potter book!! Can you believe it is over? I can't. It has officially become an era. People will look back on this decade and talk about and remember the years that Harry Potter was new and exciting! Talk about the craze of it all. They show old footage of people when the Star Wars movies were first coming out and the excitement people went through that time and I feel this is the same way.
Any who after that boring bit of babble I am blogging about the fact that Hannah and I went to the Harry Potter Midnight Party at Books-A-Million. I had bought my ticket for the book months ago. I had a countdown on my MySpace. I was ready!! We have never gone to a midnight party before. But this is the last Harry book.


I had mentioned this to Shay at the Bunco Bash ( see blog entry below ) her daughter MJ is a huge fan and she liked the idea of going. So we met there. Her friend Michaela had called her from Barnes and Noble and said it was a madhouse over there. BAM was relatively quiet. Just right for me!!! So Michaela ended up ditching B&N and came to be with us.

When you first arrived at BAM you had to choose your house. They were all out of Gryffindor's so we became Hufflepuffs. So they gave you a schedule on what time your house was at the particular events. First was Trivia. I swear BAM picked their most quiet, shy and meek employee to do this one! A bit boring but next was the costume contest. These were just the preliminaries. Pick the best one from each house and at the end of the night pick the best out of the four houses. The winner got ALL kinds of goodies. And of course the very first Harry book at 12:01 :) This is when Hannah decides she wishes she wore a costume and begins to tell me all of the stuff we have at home she could of wore. I told her she was a 'random student'. Worked for me!! MJ was Luna and Quinn was Cedric Diggory. Look at his sweet excited face when he found out he was one of our house's finalists :) MJ was a good Luna she just needed to hold that upside down newspaper a little higher ;)



Sad to say but Quinn didn't end up the Hufflepuff finalist. But check out the tiny creature that won!!


It's Dobby!!! Now I have to state up front she was the only Dobby I saw so she did have a unique outfit. But oh yeah her adorability factor helped ALOT!! :) She won 2nd place overall. I didn't get to see the first place winner from the whole night. I heard she rocked!! I also have to send a thanks out to this little girl's Mom because this is what Cameron Jace will be Halloween!! I think he can pull off a pretty cute Dobby. We will have to wait til October to see!!

I have to share this guy just for general fun. He was a BAM employee who played Snape. Even though his costume really wasn't much I still thought he looked the part!! :)






OK so here we go!! They were taking the boxes out and we were all lined up ready to go!! Yeah I pretty much just held the camera up as high as I could and clicked :) And a quick note to the BAM people!! Being told to get the Heck Out of your store kind of hurt my feelings. But I knew that my baby was in one of those boxes so I let it slide.





The really cool part about BAM is when you bought your ticket you paid in full for you book. So after the countdown ( loud and proud thank you very much!! ) all you had to do was show them your ticket and you got your book. The line was done so fast!!

5-4-3-2-1 YEAH!!!!!




And even though I had been waiting for months and Hannah, to be honest, just went along for the ride I let her get the book. Basically cause she takes better pictures then me ;) Little brown thing that she is!



Look at these happy kiddos!! Hannah, MJ, Quinn and Emily!




Forget the ones above!! Check out these cutie patooties!! We were actually the real ones who were excited. Michaela, Shay and Kara. Looking a little rough around the edges I am afraid. We were hot, sweaty, tired and in Michaela' case STARVING!! I have the nibble marks to prove it! I would wait in line for almost an hour with these ladies anyday!! It was fun! :)


Here is a picture of me with my baby!!! Oh yeah and Hannah, too! Lame joke but had to be said. You can tell I am sweaty because my bangs are doing their little wings.

I stayed up til 4 that night reading. I am almost done now actually. To be honest I am not sure why I am still sitting here typing to you all. I have a book to finish reading!!!

4 comments:

Sunny J said...

CUTE!! There is a guy here in Danville- about 6'7", big, long brown hair and beard- who dressed up as the giant (can't remember his name- not a Harry-Potter-phile, just a fan)who brought the mayor in to the Blue Kangaroo Book Store on a Harley when the last book came out- their side car contained copies of the book. It is so awesome how creative the fans get with this!

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you're done reading it by now!! Rofl, cute pics of everyone! Had I been in town I would've been glad to go with you all :)

ssmqrcd said...

And you made no comment about how rude their sign was! Get the ...!!! I was waiting for a goofy comment girlie! Love it!

Denise said...

OMG you guys are soo crazy! Love it! Kim got me hooked on HP. I just borrowed and finished her first book. She said I can borrow the next one too. I am in need of a fix! LOL :) HUGS