Sunday, October 28, 2007

Gunkins

For those of us who have been pronouncing it WRONG all these years Cameron was kind enough to let us know the proper pronunciation. Gunkins not Pumpkins. We need to alert the media!! Next year we are all going to Gunkin Patches.

I am going to let you in on a little known fact outside of our little Davis bubble. I hate gunkin carving. I have participated in the past to show my support for the girls but I have just accepted this little tidbit about me awhile ago. No sir didn't like it. Hannah is losing her enthusiasm for it. But Miss Josie B is a gunkin carving addict!! Go girl go! As long as she wants to do it we will buy her gunkins. Well Miss Hannah is still at the age if Josie gets to do it then she wants to do it. So she asked for a gunkin even though she didn't want to carve. Of course she does not inform us of that til she guts the gunkin. So Josie finishes her gunkin but Hannah only gutted.
But wow what a way to start!! Putting some muscle into that first plunging of the gunkin!!!

You see those decorations on our window behind Jason? We have had those for YEARS!! Jason put them there at eye level to see how many times it scares us at night. Let's just say WAY to many times that I should actually be embarrased. But when you close the blinds at night and then let Zoe out and you see these eyes through the blinds. Makes you jump I promise!

Lucy scoops out the innards of the pumpkin
Linus "Ohh. You didn't tell me you were gonna kill it!"
OK Cameron doesn't look quite as traumatized as Linus was. A little bit more on the bored side.
Now here is another reason Josie loves Gunkins!! Gunkin Seeds!! I let her do it all this year. She is very VERY generous with the salt. Even I thought so.


I knew there was no way in hades Cameron was going to touch anything after seeing the innards of a pumpkin. I never really planned on him carving I knew I was going to let him paint. Kinda cool though cause we can just wipe it off and let him start all over if I....um I mean he doesn't think it is good enough ;)


Josie's finished product!!! Jason did the sketch before hand and then transferred it for her and then she carved away!! Hannah's gunkin is still empty and uncarved!! Ah well now we know.


Some of my friends will let you know that my enthusiasm for Halloween is quite shaky right now. Still haven't decided if we are going to even have it. Oh yes that is how heartbroken I am!!! Last year in the ever fabulous after Halloween clearance sales I purchased quite a few tombstones. We are going to have a graveyard in the front of the house. But the weather, and a little bit of Cameron, have NOT been cooperating and my graveyard has not come to be quite yet. There will be some tears if I don't get my graveyard this Halloween!!! OR!! We are going to have the scariest front yard for Christmas.
Charlie Brown: Well, don't take it too hard, Linus. I've done a lot of stupid things in my life, too. Linus: [furious] STUPID? What do you mean "stupid"? Just wait 'til next year, Charlie Brown. You'll see! Next year at this same time, I'll find the perfect pumpkin patch that is really sincere and I'll sit in that pumpkin patch until the Great Pumpkin appears. He'll rise out of that pumpkin patch and he'll fly through the air with his bag of toys. The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him! I'll be there! I'll be sitting there in that pumpkin patch and I'll see the Great Pumpkin. Just wait and see, Charlie Brown. I'll see the Great Pumpkin. I'll SEE the Great Pumpkin! Just you wait, Charlie Brown. The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him...

2 comments:

Sunny J said...

And God said LET THERE BE GUNKINS!

Way too cute...

ssmqrcd said...

Oh oh Oh I love Gunkin carving! Love Gunkin seeds, sweet cinnamony seeds. So is your graveyard back up today so Hannah can scare all those little kiddos??