Friday, October 12, 2007

Karaoke, Hair, Make-Up and the Limbo

I think when all of those things happen in one day at your house you officially have a teenager!!! I already shared with you guys our family day with Hannah but these are the pictures from Hannah's party with her friends!! It was one of the easiest parties I have ever thrown together and it lasted all day and the girls had so much fun!!! First you buy a Karaoke machine with a assorted mix of Disney High School Musical CD's. Then you ask your fabulous friend Sarah to do hair and make-up! You invite a assortment of Hannah's friends and then of course bake yet another cake that your daughter chooses to be orange ;) I am not sure if you necessarily need to do a orange cake but that is what we did for ours :)


OK so you have a houseful of girls who LOVE High School Musical and a Karaoke machine full of tunes. We moved the furniture back and everything to give these girls leg room. It was the quietest Karaoke party I have ever seen!! It totally blew my mind!! Oh the girls sang. ALOT!! They sang songs for almost 4 hours. They passed the microphone around and sang the same songs over and over. But they never got up and got crazy!!! I tried to get the other Mother's out there to show them how it was really done but they were wimps ;) Besides the fact I would need the furniture completely removed to have room for my killer dance moves. Thy are pretty stunning ;) This is the only shot of any of them dancing and they pretty much did it to shut me up :)
Other then that they sat and or stood around singing nicely. Wimps!!! :) Yes I know I already called them that but I really really mean it!!

Here is a better shot of my Miss Sarah doing hair. She is doing Erin's hair. Erin's Mom Kathy is one of the Rockin' Leaders in the Girl Scout Troop H&J belong too.

Time for cake!!! I have so much fun doing cakes. By no stretch of the imagination am I pro-level but I think you can tell I get a kick out of it. I did the front cake and with the leftover stuff Miss Erin helped me decorate the back cake. It turned out so well I went ahead and put the 14 on it!!


Our party crew!!! Erin, Zyllah, Megan, Raven, Brittany, Josie, MJ up front is another Megan, Cameron and of course the Birthday Girl!!
Very resourceful children pulled out the wire for the microphone and made a limbo!!! Cameron won of course ;)

Since it was basically a High School Musical Party her friends pretty much gave her awesome presents from the movie!! And alot of jewelry from Claire's!!
Hannah after her make-up was done. Doesn't she look like a professional singer? I look forward to her Vegas lounge act when she gets older ;)
Megan and Hannah.
Zyllah getting spruced up!
Hannah, Zyllah and Raven!

Hannah got the HSM DVD game from Brittany that the girls played for quite some time!!

Brittany and Hannah!
MJ and Hannah. MJ's Mom is Shay whom you have met through my Beaner's post!! She is also a leader for the Girl Scouts!!

There is Miss Hannah's LAST celebration for turning 14 :) Now it is time to plan Miss Josie's!! She wants ice skating. And of course a blue cake.

4 comments:

Darbalicous said...

OMG!!! She is all grown up. She looks so much older since I saw in a few months ago. She is growing into such a beautiful young woman. Please give the birthday girl a hug from the girls and me.

Anonymous said...

Omg, the girls looked like they had fun even if they look like they're just gabbing in most of the pics, lol! Umm, any chance I can persuade your friend to do my hair next, lol! I NEED a new "Do" ;)

Don Quixote said...

Elo auntie Kara it is I Josh...Man that opening line sucked. Well anyway im glad Monkey had a happy birthday I'm still here waiting to go back to your house for another month visit. HEHE and if the first time wasnt good enough. Now im single cant wait to scope out the ladies. Luv Yaz Oshwa

ssmqrcd said...

What did you do to my daughter?? I didn't even recognize her in the photo you sent. I miss my baby, please send her back home!!
I hear Cameron is an awesome limbo player!