Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Cypress Gardens

Jason and I got to go with Cameron on his very first field trip!!! It was such a nice place! Oh let me get the website for you locals :)


The weather yesterday was beyond fabulous!! We started off in the Butterfly House. I have actually n ever been in one. This one was fairly small but I loved it. Cameron's class had beent alking about butterflies quite a bit to get them ready and it was cute to see Cameron recognize them and get excited to see them. Of course his version of the word 'butterfly' is way off. I don't even think I could type it :)


























We weren't even in the building 5 minutes before Cameron completely traumatized a butterfly and had to send it to physical therapy. I chuckle when I see the death grip I have on his arm trying to get him to set the poor thing free. One thing you can't see is he is literally right under a sign that says don't touch the butterflies.



After checking out some cool fish, aliigators, lizards and frogs we got into a boat. Cameron's teacher, Mrs Olney, had been talking about these boats for literally weeks. One way or another she was going to be out there paddling even if she was all by herself!! But we got in a boat with her. Jason in the back steering away Mrs. Olney in the middle with a paddle and doing what I assume was helping Jason. Me up front clinching my bum cheeks from left to right thinking in some odd way that helped steer. Don't ask. I had Cameron in my lap and I actually took some pictures. I seriously was nervous with the rocking of the boat so I didn't line my shots up perfectly but I did get some good ones I think. My favorites are when I held the camera over my head and blindly shot pictures of the two paddlers behind me :)

Me and Cameron holding on for dear life!! Oh sweet sweet land where for art thou!?!?! Oh alright it was that bad. Back to boat pictures.


Oh yeah that is a gator. It's HUGE!! I could eat me completely whole. I swear after we paddled past it I could still hear the ticking clock from it's belly. Think about it ;) And now we are done. I sincerely joke becasue I can't wait to bring the girls back and take them out in these boats!! I know they would have to much fun. I finish with a few we took on a nature walk right before we left. We had a fabulous morning with our little man. And I know he had fun too. He was in such good spirits the whole time!





Pretty lily pad to picture :)

3 comments:

Laurie and company said...

Awwww, those are loverly pix, Kara. I love the squished butterfly pix the best...such a boy!!

Sara said...

The pics are great and the blogging is even better! I could almost hear the sounds of splashing as I read about the boat. Thanks for sharing!!

Sara (from the CAFW group)

Wanda said...

Kara,
You have a way of taking us all on your journeys with you and your family.