Tuesday, March 11, 2008

for my Madre!!

Now that I finally have my Mom reading my blog on a regular basis all I want to do is walk around my house and take random pictures for her!! So here are some pictures for you Mamacita!!

I told you about the beads I sewed on my flower. I love it. I love how it defines the center just a little bit more.




I have majorly messed up two paintings since I did my precious pink flower. One of them I got frustrated enough to throw away. I may regret that later. The second one I just put away. So I was getting mad at myself cause I sat down at my desk wanting to create something specific. You can't always do that. So this time I just started doing stuff. Putting whatever paint I felt like whatever paper and glitter I felt like and used whatever products made me happy. I know it isn't something I can sell and really isn't what I would call my style but it was FUN to make!! And that right there is all that matters!!
I mean seriously how can it NOT be fun to use glitter!?!?!


I notice you can barely read the quote so let me share!!

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. "
Helen Keller
I found it in a magazine and cut it out and glued it on. I love Helen Keller! I have quite a few quotes in my house from her.


What a desk looks like after having 'fun'!!



Always an inspiration!! Fresh flowers in a pretty vase!!

New shoes!! Time to look into my summer ballet flats! Well at least here it is ;) I hear it is still chilly in other parts of the states.


What the inside of Cameron's Art cabinet looks like. He has been wandering around bored today! I was trying to get him to paint but on this very rare occasion he said no!



A $5 dollar sign from Office Max and I am so happy! It made me laugh thinking of it on my bathroom door so I thought 'why not!?! People always ask where the bathroom is so now I have it properly labeled!!



And let us all admire my fire pit. Right now that is about all I can do. It rains off and on right now. And the minute I say I want to use it I can promise you rain :( But never you fear she will be used!!



OK enough of my rambling!! Just thought I would post some goodies cause we had a pretty laid back weekend so nothing interesting is really going on around here!! Tomorrow is my 12 on the 12th!! So I will be back soon!

1 comment:

Laurie and company said...

well, once again, I forgot to do my 12 on the 12th. And it would've been good this time too, as we were out of town. I'm such a scrappin' loser. Is it too late for me to do it now, on the 17th?
I love your bathroom door sign. I have thought about doing that for my downstairs door since people ALWAYS ask where our powder room is. you crack me up.