Monday, July 14, 2008

Beasts of Burden


OK only one more interruption before I get back to Illinois blogging. I have been wanting to get these three babies all in one shot for a couple of days now. But they were never all three together close enough. You all of met Zoe and Mac-gyver. Up front is Miss Kati. She belongs to my friend Danielle. Whom by the way we adopted Mac from. Her and her family just recently moved to Germany. At a rather last moment she found out that the airlines won't fly out a dog in this heat. So she was frantically trying to find Kati a temporary home til the weather gets better and she can get her to Germany. To make a long story short Danielle cried and pointed out a few times that Kati has ONLY 3 legs. What is a warm hearted person like me supposed to do!?!?! Of course I took her in. And to be honest we were nervous but it has gone so smooth. Zoe is not 100% on board yet. Which is why I couldn't get a picture with all three. But as the days go by and Zoe realizes that most of her life really isn't changing she is accepting this new friend. Mac has known Kati so he immediately started licking on her face the minute he saw her. And I don't think he has let up since. My little man is a lover not a fighter.

So I have warned most of our local friends not be alarmed when they come to the front door. It looks like the ASPCA over here!!

3 comments:

bekajune said...

What a good samaritan you are! I would have a dozen dogs if I could. Danny and I went to Barnes and Noble last night and I started looking at a book about Golden Retrievers. I definitely need a few more of those!

Anonymous said...

hey Kara - thanks for your comment on the 12-of-12 blog...and have no fear you can join back up anytime...we won't tell. It'll be our little secret!!

Have you been getting the emails I send out?? I just checked and you're still in my distribution list...but I thought maybe you haven't been seeing my reminder emails! Let me know...and welcome back!!

- - - Susan
twelve-of-twelve.blogspot.com

DChristoff said...

My dog rocks!...I love how Zoe is way in the back and Kati is front and center!...She is trying to steal the limelight!