Monday, July 21, 2008

Brace Face!

Hannah FINALLY got her braces last week! We have been waiting for about 2 years. Poor thing is almost 15 and has yet to lose one of her canine teeth. But the Doc so no more. Her two front teeth are , obviously, to far back and they were actually pushing her bottom jaw out of alignment. Time to get to work!

Or at least pose for the crazy mother with the camera and then let the tech get to work ;)

The last picture to be taken of Hannah before 'the change' :D

Hardening the 'concrete' that will be holding the metal to her teeth.

Isn't she such a freaking trooper!?!
Getting to see her braces for the first time! She didn't get her bottom row done yet. With her two front teeth scraping across her bottoms row so often we have to wait for them to shift forward a bit.

Dr. Barbieri. The man is a freaking hoot!!

But here is the sweetheart that did the work today. She was actually surprised I wanted her picture!! ( I am terrible but I forgot her name! )


Of course the first days with Hannah were funny because she spent all her time stretching her lips overs her teeth. And she is a bit over zealous about what she cannot eat. But she did have much soreness. Which we know will change as she goes in for tightening.

So check back in my blog two years from now and I will show you Hannah's new smile!!!

3 comments:

DChristoff said...

I can not even see them on her teeth!!...
Poor Hannah!...But her smile willl be GORGEOUS!

Laurie and company said...

the two years will fly by...and think how much MORE gorgeous she will be by then?? OMG

Will feels her pain...he just got his off and is now in retainer world for....hmmm, pretty much the rest of his life!

hugs,

LY

Denise said...

Congrats on the braces Hannah. It's so cool to see these pics because I knew what was going on in them. I LOVE Dental Assisting and can't wait till I get in that office!!! Please post often about this as I'll very much appreciate it! I know I'm weird!