Saturday, July 21, 2007

Bunco Babes!!!

Grandma Ann we are bringing Bunco BACK!!!!

That's right ladies and gentlemen we the women of South Carolina are bringing Bunco back!!!

Bunco?

Throw some dice write down a score it's pretty cool :)

I belong to a Yahoo group of Charleston Air Force Wives. I joined pretty much the day Jason came home and said he would be gone 8 months. I needed to make some friends!! They had thrown the word Bunco around numerous times but just couldn't get enough people interested. Well FINALLY we got enough nibblers and Miss Wanda had our first gathering!!!

Here she is our Hostess with the Mostess. The girl had tiaras and boas all waiting for us!!




Being our first gathering it actually took us quite awhile to set up our 'house rules'. Wanda had a notebook ready which will forever be known as the 'Bunco Bible' And of course there were quite a few of us who hadn't played so they had to settle on the rules and then teach us the game! It is a easy squeezy game so that wasn't to bad.

Here are our three women that got Buncos our first night!!! From L to R Wanda, Molly and Felisha!!! Doesn't Miss Felisha have a positively wonderous 'glow' about her ;)




L to R in this photo Kara, Kim, Shay, Felisha, Del and Wanda!!



Once we got our groove going it was so much fun!!!

We have it settled that we are meeting once a month. We are going all out!! We each take a turn when we can. There will be themes, food, prizes and of course a crazy hat!! Next month is my month. August will be 'State Fair' theme. You know me when it comes to organizing a gathering!! It is all I can think about now!! :) Don't worry Mom I am making plenty of lists.

I am so glad this Bunco group worked out. It is going to be so great knowing that I get to do this all the time!! So be prepared at least once a month to see us women look all kinds of goofy on my blog :)

Personally this time we look rather gorgeous in our tiaras and boas. Jas says I can't wear the tiara to bed anymore :P

6 comments:

Denise said...

AWWW I'm so sad! I so wish I could have been there. Someone will have to plan one when I come home to visit. Miss you guys sooo much! BIG HUGS!!! (tears in my eyes!)

ssmqrcd said...

I could have sworn you took tweleve pictures of an actual Bunco?? What happened...LOL NOt slacking or anything are you??
Like my last blog was so fantastic either! LOL

Sunny J said...

OKAY! I am so jealous. I wanna play Bunco, too! Please tell me you broke out the blender and had a wee nip o' margartita??? And the tiara to bed comment- LMFAO! I know someone who will be VERY interested in having me copy THAT one...

ssmqrcd said...

waiting anxiously for the HP blog girlie, whatcha doing? staying up late to read??

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your blog...I finally am getting around to reading them...I cant wait to read the others!! **MUAH**

Anonymous said...

Are you still doing bunco nights? I would love to come and play sometime. I am a Navy wife over on the weapon station, and was in a great bunco group back in Auburn, AL. I miss playing with them so much, and have had so much trouble finding a group. My email address is
caycemangin@hotmail.com