Sunday, July 8, 2007

Water Park

So Kris and I were trying to plan a day with all of us together. We had originally thought of the Children's Museum in Indianapolis but a fundage shortage took away that idea. So Kris went on the Internet and found this water park in Champaign! Perfect!! For those of you in the area it was really cheap and you can take a cooler in!!
Cameron of course started off with the water slide. Since I am standing there with the camera he had to slide to to Krista. Which by the way by the end of our visit her was calling her 'Sista'. So sweet. Well here is the deal with my sequence obsessed son. Since he started going to 'Sista' it got to the point she was the only one he would slide down to! Heaven forbid she has to go use the restroom or anything. Which of course she had to and I tried my darndest to get him to go down. You know reminded him I am the one who gave him life!! But no he patiently waited for Krista to come back :)

Jason told the girls that they had to scream as they came down the big ole water slide. And Josie came through like a trooper!! Screaming and laughing the whole way down. And since it is a big ole tube you could hear her far away. Jason came through too I must admit. Yelling and screaming like a girl every time he came down ;) This is the only shot I got cause once again I am standing around with a camera trying to get pictures when I really wanted to get out there and have fun!! I went down the slide three times. Kris was proud of me. I was,once again, dying laughing. Kris said you could hear me laughing the whole way down. The second time I went down I laid out more flat and shot right out of that thing!! I am so glad no one had the camera cause I can tell you now it could not of been pretty ;) I hit the bottom of the pool hard and scrapped my back. My thumb hit may face and scratched it. But did I let something like that get me down!?!? Heck no!! Back up the steps I went!!!

No Cameron is not floating down the Lazy River by himself!! Jason is standing next to him but it was not a flattering picture. And you know I don't like sharing my man unless he looks all stunning and manly!! So anywho I photoshopped his bum right out!! This floatation device that Cam is straddling is supposed to be for two people. I am not sure what was lost in translation but Cameron took over the whole thing and Jason ended up walking beside him.

This place had a pretty nice size pool. When you first walk in they call it 'The Beach'. I love it cause the sides of the pool slope down. Makes it easier for smaller humans to walk in and out and not have to worry about anyone falling in.
So we have been here for a couple of hours now and getting close to leaving. I decide to get the camera back out to get some shots of my water babies!! Jas had been belly crawling around with Cam on his back. Made the little dude very happy!

Water Baby Josie B!!!

I added this cause I love the look on Josie and Cam's face. Josie wanted to crawl around with him like Daddy was doing.


The cutest Water Babies here!! Krista and Madelyn. Everyone in my family knows that Krista was a Water Baby as a kid. We thought for sure Maddie would have gills when she was born. It seems like Miss Maddy has definitely gotten her Mother's love for the water. I am impressed I got any shots of her. Normally she was just a orange and pink bikinied blur.



Sassy! Or Savannah Georgia Davis. Whichever nickname strikes our fancy at that moment!



Ya know I had to turn something B&W!! :)


It was a great day!! We all walked away water logged and of course tan and fabulous ;) Josie has informed that this is a good idea to do again next year! What do you think Sista?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am filled with envy!!! Krista gets a name. Looks like you all had a blast. Wish I could of been there. Just think this time next year I wont miss out on any of the fun cause I won't have to come back to the "South" whoo hoo.

Anonymous said...

Of course we will be going back, in fact I have been there 3 times since then heck I might even just bring a tent and live there next summer!!!

Laurie and company said...

OOOOH, man that looks like it was a good time for sure!! Krista and Maddy are clones...clones i tell ya!! love the b & w...love the fam pic on their bellies..wonderful memories for sure!! Thank you for sharing, as always!!

I got Molly's first pic today of her first trip to Target...too bad it had to be in the parking lot because my milk came in and we were in pain...so we will have to plan better next time...I'll put it up tonight.

Denise said...

Looks like you guys had such a good time. I think the stories about Cameron are darling. Hugs!

Denise said...

Kara~beara, You've been tagged my darling! Check out my blog to see what I'm talking about!!!! HUGS!

ssmqrcd said...

Goodness that looks like you had a blast! BTW--I'm so NOT a blogger slacker!! YOu didn't even see the fishing blog or the puppy update, you just don't love me and my cinnamon rolls!
Glad your enjoying family!