Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Redemption!

OK I am still trying to redeem myself for making you guys wait so long in between my last blogs so I am getting the next one out pretty fast :) Aren't I a good blogger? Who's the good blogger? Who's the good blogger? ME!! ME!!!

On with the show!! We go to Sullivan's Island were we spent one Sunday morning. The waves were much smaller here then they had been at our previous visit to Folly Beach and Josh was pouting!! There is really no delicate way of saying that he was quite the fussy one. Determined we should leave and go to Folly. Yet not once did he offer to carry everything back to the van so we could leave. We have quite the haul so there was no way we were just turning around 30 minutes later to go somewhere else. Sorry Josh!! I have no pictures of him either. We were there 3 hours and he never came in from the water. Patiently waiting for his dream wave to come!!

What I do have to share is Cameron finally having fun with the body boards. Jason put him on his back and rode the waves. Cameron LOVED it!!! And he stayed on there really well, too! His tiny little face way out there actually has a huge smile on it!






This next picture is for my Scrapbookers. And I wonder why I don't get anything created!!! I get my scrappin' mojo a flowin' and then I approach this table!!! Yeah it has definitely become the Crap Table as opposed to my Scrap Table. I think everyone out there understands how easy it is just to 'throw' it on the table. I will take care of it later theory! But rest assured the table has been cleaned. Well kind of. I was able to get on there and make something purdey. No scrap pages but I do feel the juices flowing again!!!
I can feel some of you out there asking 'Why is the chair on it's side?' to discourage Cameron from messing with my stuff. Oddly enough it works!!!


Alright here is my only shot that turned out from the badminton game. It was so humid outside that my camera immediately fogged up. It takes about 15 minutes for that to go away. And of course in that fifteen minutes is when all the action happened!!! Oh yeah badminton can get bloody!! And who knew that Josie would throw up an elbow if needed!!!! Once the camera was good to go the game turned very cordial! Since the sun was going down none of my action shots turned out. To bad Josh diving for the birdie was awesome ;) jk
My next blog entry is going to be all about Zoe's (our dog) funeral. She made it her personal vendetta to destroy this net!! How does one go about destroying a net? Take some tips from Zoe. First you get your lead all twisted around the poles and pull. After you bend one of the poles and the silly humans take net down get yourself all tangled up in it....twice! Now it was the second time she got herself all tangled up that we knew it was personal. The net had been wound up and put, what we thought, was out of her way. So imagine my shock when I was letting her in and she is dragging the net in behind her. Then get one of the stakes down from a table and chew on it.
She will be missed ;)


Now what does one do after a sweaty and bloody game of badminton!?!? Play Star Frontiers! What? You didn't know that? Star Frontiers is a role playing game. RPG for short. I love RPG's. When I met Jason he was really into AD&D. And to be honest I don't think I had ever heard of it before him. But for the past 15 yrs it has been a constant part of my life. My husband has a infinite imagination. It is one of the things about him that I have never lost my awe of. His mind never stops creating. We have numerous 3 ring binders filled with things he has created. In generic terms when you play a RPG you have a DM the one who tells the story. It can be a story already created or one that DM makes up. Jason always makes his up. The other players have characters that goes along in this story that confronts different situations and decides how to deal with them.


RPG's have had allot of bad press in the past and I am not sure why. It gets people sitting at a table creating, talking, laughing and socializing! I agree kids need to be outside getting exercise and fresh air but these games feeds the imaginations! I would rather have my kids sitting at a table laughing and interacting over video games any day :)
p.s. remember Cam's new obsession with the computer. I put him in the bath today then had to go answer the phone. Next thing I know I hear a cry from the kitchen. We had a naked wet baby sitting at our computer!! And man was he stealthy!! I couldn't even find any wet foot prints!!!

5 comments:

Sunny J said...

My baby and a RPG- I am tearing up now- *sniff*! He's getting so big!

Check out my new posts...

Denise said...

LOL how funny!!!!! I find that incredibly cute. You better write that down in his scrapbook somewhere! :)

PS go check out my blog from yesterday. It's something you'll want to see!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the scrapbooking table. Crap Table is a riot. Around here, we call it "shifting the sh**!"

I agree with the RPG's. The world wold be a much better place if more people used their brains and imaginations.

Darbalicous said...

Hey girl...just finally figured out how to use the whole blog thing. Love the pictures and love the great way we can all keep up with the family. Love you all...

ssmqrcd said...

I love the nakey baby at the computer! Now at least I know Rhysie isn't the only one who does stuff like that.
What a beautiful family you've got there girlie!