Sunday, November 11, 2007

Guy Fawkes

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...


Here is the other part of my British invasion!! Naomi! One of my nearest and dearest here in SC. And this Saturday night ladies and gentlemen we are going to celebrate Guy Fawkes!!!! Who? I won't lie. I only knew he had existed cause of the movie V is for Vendetta. I have read a bit more on him since then. I was still a bit more confused as to what we are celebrating. Basically I have come up with the fact they (the Brits) just needed a reason to have big ole bonfires and cool fireworks. Also ,according to the websites I had to go to to find that chipper poem, just to remind the British people that treason will NEVER be forgotten!! OK now bring on the beer!! :)


Fireworks first :)

disclaimer: Obviously we had no trained professionals on hand just a bunch of men who have partaken a beer or two. But no one was hurt in the making of these fabulous photos. We were nervous about a tree there for a moment but it survived to tell the tale!!




This baby boy was in heaven!! The sound does not affect him at all. He is funny because after it goes off he likes to make the sound affects.






Here is our much smaller scale of the usual 20 ft bonfires they actually have in England. And we had no effigies so really whats the point ;) But we did have allot of marshmallows for smores or the hot cocoa on hand.


Small things like this remind me of camping as a kid. For the most part I didn't enjoy it but sitting around a fire roasting marshmallows. Talking to people. Laughing and just plain enjoying the moment. Such an awesome thing to do with family and friends!

Yeah Josie looks beyond bored but she is actually quite mesmerized.



Here is my girl!! Miss Naomi! Let's see if I can sum up the beginning of our friendship. Met at a squadron function. Her hubby works with mine. Saw her from a distance and knew right away I could love her. LOL She was in her EMT gear!! I love a woman in uniform. We tried being friends but she was still going through school and I completely understood how crazy her life was. Well actually I didn't but any good stalker can wait til her timing is right. So after her life settled and she graduated her class we got to spend hours upon hours typing on the computer. This is what cracks us both up considering she is only a couple of miles away and well pretty much a phone call away too. But we did. Every night before bed we typed away chatting on line for hours. Barely existing the next day from being so tired but right back on the computer that night typing away. It is just how we clicked. We don't chat on line anymore but we do actually spend face to face time together :) As much as we can with her job. I will take what I can get because I love this woman. Jason thought she was a myth when he got back from Iraq and didn't get to actually meet her for a couple of months. My imaginary British friend. But here she is!!


By the way Michaela was here at said Bonfire of the Vanities. I am telling you it is only two women but I think that constitutes an invasion!!

No comments: