Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ladies who Brunch!!

I guess I should start off with how all this began. When we found out last year that Jason was going to Iraq for 6 months the first thing I realized is I had not put myself out there to make friends. Kind of a bad habit we military wives have been known to pick up after a few bases under our belts. So I went to Yahoo whom I had heard had groups and found the Charleston Air Force Wives. Now Yahoo groups are all e-mail. But it gets your name out there and also gives you a chance to pass pleasantries between people and find out whom you might have certain things in common with. Well zoom forward a year and here we are in my kitchen this past Saturday morning! Full of fabulous women, full of food and full of coffee!! And definitely full of conversation. Which obviously we all needed cause I was so happy and impressed with the turn out!! I put the idea out there on Thursday and 11 women showed up on Saturday. I lost count of how many kiddos were in front of my TV watching Ratatouille!



Shay-my metal head counterpart!! So rare to find another 34 yr old MILF that ROCKS!!
Michaela- part of my British invasion. Stunningly beautiful creature inside and out!!
Felisha- this woman may actually be my only competition!! You know I don't like to share the stage!! But darn it all she is cute and funny!!
Deliah- curly Q's fairly new to my world but she may have to stick around!!
Sherane- everyone loves a baker baker belly acher!! I just met her this morning but I think we could partake on some fun conversations!
Melanie- a new girl to my neighborhood who teases me viciously with her cutie patootie puppies!! She sleeps with one eye open like she should!!
Karla- my Photographer extraordinaire. She keeps me inspired. Everyone needs someone who keeps them inspired!! And she is travel sized ;)
Robin- We all know my Ra Ra and her boys. It all boils down to this one. Every one else that comes into my life is an extra bonus.
Danielle- Now I am digging this chick!! a simple girl with simple needs!! Understand the joy of sitting around and just talking. Or actually listening if you are sitting next to me ;)
Sara- Red headed bomb shell!!! Comes across quiet and unassuming but I feel like I have this one figured out!! And I must tell you I am a bit scared ;)
Kathy- I sense that she is so much like me. We are Mommas through and through. And she inspires me with what she takes on in her life and still struts her way though it with all kinds of sass!!

I highly recommend that every woman get a group of ladies like I have. They got me through my time with Jason gone and most importantly through the time of him still being home. He so needs a TDY SOON!! And every single on of them understands ;)

And I have so many other friends that need to be shared. I am trying my best :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm... so I think you caught me with my mouth full of food in that shot lady!! SO not cool, lol! But I see I stand out in my lovely VT burnt orange :D

Loved all the goodies and all the company hun, thanks again for having us all over and you will be missed for Bunco *sniff*...

Denise said...

AWWWW I miss you guys sooo much! I'm so glad that you are part of our group Kara~beara! I love you to pieces girl!

With tears in my eyes, like a proud mamma I am, Denise