Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Heaven in a Crescent Roll

That is what my brother and I decided to call my creation. I really can't take to much credit on this little recipe. It is a revamped Pampered Chef recipe!! But I want to share it cause my cousin Laurie mentioned she thought her and I would be awesome Brunch Buddies if we lived closer to each other. So I thought I would share with her what I made for this brunch so if she decided to make it she can feel like I am there. (insert cheesy fantastic music here) (and yes I LOVE cheesy fantastic music if the mood arises!)

All I did was take 2 packages of crescent rolls and followed time and temp from the package. But here is where the genius sets in ;) I took a 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened of course, and added 1/3 cup powdered sugar I tsp orange zest and 2 tsp orange juice. I put 1 tablespoon at the larger end of the triangle and roll like normal!! I had a little bit of the filling left that I added milk to make a glaze for the rolls. And then I served warm cherry pie filling on the side. It was so flippin' good!!! It was beyond easy. To be honest I made the filling but Hannah did all the rest. It is so fabulous to have live in help now ;)

I hope you guys try it out!! Especially you Miss Laurie. This idea to share is for you!!!

No comments: