Monday, February 25, 2008

Jeep Jeep Jeep

Your going to have to ask Cameron and Uncle Troy what 'jeep jeep jeep' means. And there is a particular tone of voice involved too. All I know is Troy would say it and then the echo from a tiny little blond thing right behind him. It was a part of the Uncle and nephew bonding ritual that happened last week. I sincerely think of all things that happened the week Jason's brother Troy was here the best thing for me to watch was those two boys hitting it off. Troy would take of for hours at a time taking his little shadow out and about. He took the girls out shopping one evening and I let them stay home from school on Friday where they schooled Uncle Troy in the way of the Wii. It was a low key visit. Being that he was in town to help out the family cause Jason had to go back to work and I am still not a full capacity. I may look as stunning as ever but I can't lift anything yet. But I love watching my kids interact with family!! And in their own environment makes it more special. Hannah talked his ear off!! Went running with him and showed him all her drawings. Josie got to cook with him. They made a 'interesting' chili and some kick bum salsa!! And of course he played the Wii with them. That is always a guarantee straightway tot heir heart!! We got Cameron calling him 'Toy'. All in all to me it was a great visit. Kind of hoped to have a fellow History Channel lover vegging with me more on the couch but when you have kitchen floors that literally shine how can you complain?

So here we are a few days before Troy's birthday so we decided to give him his present. Jason drew and colorized a personalized picture of the two boys with close neighborhood friends and we had it put on a shirt. Troy loves it so much he never wants to wear it!! Jason has his own and when I can I will get a picture of him wearing it.



This is what is on the back of the shirt. Jason in the middle and Troy flicking his ear. I absolutely LOVE it.

Here we are heading out for one more meal with Troy. It was a great week. I know my kids loved it!! And just knowing he came for me and to help his family out is beyond what words I can find to express my gratitude.


Why don't brother's in their 30's ever hug anymore? That is what this world needs!! More hugs! I will get their Grandma in on it!!!


Thanks for coming our way Troy!! I very much look forward to your visit this summer. All 7 of our kids. Seriously what could go wrong!?!?
Actually I need it for my insurance papers. What could go wrong?

2 comments:

Sunny J said...

Funny how divorce (and much-needed meds)can change a man, huh? Vive le nouveau oncle! Long may he reign!

Sunny J said...

PS: 'Jeep' IS a fun word to say.