Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Reinventing the wheel!

For some odd reason that blog title came to me and I decided to stick with it. When I look at my *new* craft area (no longer will I refer to it as the scrap area) it strikes me how funny it is that rearranging stuff always makes things feel new. I did not buy a darn thing!! But after shaking things up a bit I feel like I have a whole new area!! I have not been inspired to create anything in almost a year. Which is hard for me because it is always in me to be create something. I never stop thinking about it. So to not have the urging to sit down and actually do anything was hard. But since these past weeks when I have been forced to spend many (MANY) hours sitting on my couch right next to my area it forced me to think about what I needed to get my spark back.

One thing that dawned on me was my table was facing the wall. Kind of hard to be inspired facing the wall. So we flipped the dresser and my table. Now I have perfect view of the whole living room and the TV. I can talk to the family and watch the TV. Bring on the Friends DVD sets (hi Brenda!)!!



Another thing that needed help. My POS paper holder. So excited when I got this thing 50% off. But it was not sturdy at all and finally gave out.



Jason had an idea to build me a simple stand. I had the idea to reuse the shelves that was in my old one. And voila!!! Also!! We had just enough paint leftover from doing the dresser two years ago!!


Yeah I am finally working on something!! I have been wanting to play with tissue paper and paint for literally years!! A smidgen to much pearl paint the tissue paper is actually a much brighter pink. But I have never done this before so I shall live and learn.



My (almost) finished product. I want something more. Not sure what it is so I will step away until it comes to me instead of doing something I will regret! I love it and it was SO much fun!!



Another reason I love this set up is we all know Cameron loves to paint. He saw me painting and asked to paint also. I knew I wanted to start a blue base for another painting so I put him to work!! He can paint and I can keep a better eye on him. I just know I am going to end up moving his art cabinet in here!!


And look who else ended up using the table this evening. I am so so happy with this set up!! And Miss Josie B asked me if she could paint a flower tomorrow. This set up is going to be perfect for the whole family!!


Now if only I can guarantee we can keep the table free of clutter ;)

5 comments:

ssmqrcd said...

LOVE the new set up! Helps you keep an eye on what is happening in the house! It looks so pretty and inspiring. Did I tell you last night I loved your picture! Can't wait the see the next one, you are so creative girl.

Laurie and company said...

Love your flower artwork! Lovely!! Lovely!!
Your new area ROCKS!! We all look forward to the creativity that will spill forth from your shaking up of things!
Inspirational!

Natalie said...

Love the painting!

Anonymous said...

Your family is so creative can you pass some of that over here?

Denise said...

Ok now you have me wanting to "redo" my scrap area! Oh a shopping I will go!!!!! LOL How are things girlie. Miss ya! Hugs, Denise